Sunday, January 25, 2009

Justin Falgione, 1965-2008

It is with deep sadness that we announce the passing of Justin J. Falgione, 43, on October 29, 2008. Justin was a devoted son and brother, a loyal friend to many, a committed husband, and most of all a loving father to his eight-year-old daughter, Jennie. Justin grew up on Burlington Road in Forest Hills and graduated from Churchill High School in 1983. Family and friends hope to celebrate Justin's life by endowing a scholarship at Westminster College in his name. If you would like more information on how you can help, contact Bernie Taylor and Peter Goslin at falgionescholarship@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so saddened to read this. I attended both Churchill and Westminster with Justin, although I didn't know him at Churchill (he was a couple of years behind me). I was floored at Westminster when he said he knew me, even though I didn't know him. I am glad I got to know him at WC. He was one of the good guys! I remember him so very fondly. He was funny, sensitive, sweet. I am broken-hearted for his daughter Jennie.

Anonymous said...

I also am very saddened to learn of Justin's passing. Justin was a classmate of mine at Westminster College. In fact, he was one of my first friends that I met freshman year in 1983. We graduated together as well in 1987 and I fondly remember us hugging congratulations and goodbye that graduation day.

Justin was always smiling. He was very friendly and just a good, funny guy. He was a great addition at Westminster and I can imagine he was an invaluable employee at FreeMarkets/Ariba. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family and especially his wife and daughter Jennie. Justin - like Billy Joel says - which I believe we danced to together at WC at many an Alpha Sig party, "Only the good dye young". You will be missed, but not forgotten.

Andy Plack said...

What a loss. I knew Justin from Churchill High School and before that at the Chatham College Music & Arts Summer Day Camp. We had a lot of great times together. He had such a great sense of humor, and he was such a good brother to Jason. Heaven is a better place with you, Justin. Rest in Peace.

Rew said...

i knew Justin in high school and then we worked together in the 90's at Le Petit Cafe in Shadyside. He was a great guy, great sense of humor and compassionate for those with less or struggled. I learned from him and we were good friends. He will be missed by many. - Rew