Saturday, October 22, 2005

Mystery Classmate 064

Congratulations to Steve Landay, who correctly identified Dave Zafris ('82) as Mystery Classmate #64.

In case you were wondering, Dave is a reporter for WJAC-TV, the NBC affiliate in Johnstown. In his bio on the station website, Dave writes, “After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh with a degree in English Writing, I began my career as a newswriter for KQV Radio and went on to several other stations, including WYDD-FM and WNRJ-FM, doing news and sports. From there I moved into newspaper reporting, first for Gateway Publications in Monroeville and then as a reporter at the Butler Eagle in Butler County. I also worked as a freelance writer for several publications, including the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“I went back to get my masters degree at Point Park College in Pittsburgh, because I wanted to attempt to get into television news. Halfway through the program, I applied for an opening at WJAC, and have worked here as a general assignment reporter covering Blair County, and most recently, Clearfield County. I live in Dubois, with my dog Bear, and have a girlfriend and cat in Pittsburgh. I love hockey, football, and pizza, not necessarily in that order.”Pam Van Cara Collis guessed Steve Landay. Brian “S.D.” Stevenson didn’t guess, but noted that the Mystery Classmate was positioned in front of an NBC logo.
Laura Fleming Schulte wrote, “My guess with Burris (Esplen) has made me bold.” (You go, Laura!) “Could that be a picture of Andy Katzen? It doesn't look like him, but the person people identified as Andy at our 10-year reunion didn't look like him either.”

Jerry Koutavas guessed Peter Leventopoulos, noting that Peter (like Dave Zafris) is of Greek descent.

No comments: