Friday, February 23, 2007

Mystery Classmate 103

Congratulations to Leslie Rush Cuda, John Plack, Lynn Abt LeBlanc, Linda Wolff, and Lisa Smith, all of whom correctly identified Laurie Young (’84) as Mystery Classmate #103.

In case you were wondering, Laurie Young Theademan writes, “I am currently living down here in Corpus Christi, Texas. I am a Navy Wife, and have SIX children. FIVE boys and the last ONE finally was my GIRL! TWO grandchildren. NO, I have not been that "busy"... His, Mine, and Ours! It took me a while after graduation to decide to go to college and do something with my life, but eventually I went to college. Shocking to many I am sure! I earned my Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, and my Associates Degree in accounting. I currently work for the Government, Department of Defense at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi. I make and review financial contracts for purchases by the Government.

“I'm not back home often, However I still keep in close contact with my best friend Barbara Gallagher Byers. If too many years go by, I fly her to wherever we are stationed, so we can catch up. I was just up in Pittsburgh on April 1 for the first time in eight years. Although I still plan on making another trip in May for the reunion. I can't wait to see people that I haven't seen in years! I am looking forward to it!”

John Plack had a nice memory of Laurie. He wrote, “I'm going to go with the wild guess of Laurie "Spaz" Young. If indeed that is her, my fond memory of her is that she gave me my "extreme" haircut just before I went into Boot camp back in '87. She looks great too!”

Donna Andreas Copley remembered Laurie, but just couldn’t remember her name. Jerry Koutavas guessed Brigid McDermott.

No comments: