Saturday, June 05, 2004

Mystery Classmate 010

Mystery Classmate 010 was just too tough for anyone to guess. He is Jimmy Faiella ('84), who went to Forest Hills Junior High before moving back to his hometown of Aliquippa.

In case you were wondering, Jimmy (far right, and now known as Egidio) is an American-Italian mandolinista. Inspired in early 1996 by a homemade recording of his grandfather playing his mandolino and acoustic guitar, Egidio began to seriously play the mandolin in 1996. He says, "I've literally recorded and produced MANY different styles of music throughout my life and I can honestly say that NOTHING remotely compares to the feelings I experience when I play my mandolin... I close my eyes and feel like a little boy again all over again... It's the GREATEST feeling!" Egidio is available to entertain at weddings, festivals, parties, and wherever traditional Italian music is heard. You can book him, or find out where he is playing next at his website, www.realgoombattas.com.

Milton Koutavas guessed Sam Iovino. Joe Caprara couldn't decide between Rosario Colucci and Bill Flucker. Maria Wojtaszek Romanelli also guessed Rosario Colucci. Scott Silverman guessed Brian Talbert.

No comments: